August 21, 2010

Young Boys Wankdorf Spurs

  
   Seeing as I was on the road for our illustrious Champions League playoff game at the Wankdorf, and the Stoke game was not televised, I really don't have much to say, so I'll vent.
   I was nervous about the match against Young Boys. They were a team I've never heard of, but they did knock off Fenerbahce, which I took as a shock. I was traveling to a meeting two hours away that started at kick off. As the meeting was slightly delayed, I consulted my iPhone (in the 6th minute) and found Spurs a goal down. I exclaimed, "You've got to be kidding me!" which drew a little attention. I just knew it was all over, and started looking to see what teams are in the Europa League, and what chance we may have in that tournament.
   At the lunch break, I confirmed my worst fears. Spurs pulled a Spurs. Had I not learned anything as an England supporter this Summer? Why do I ever fool myself into being optimistic? I knew Champions League football meant the sting of failure would be that much more crushing. Isn't the League Cup good enough for me? Well, thank God for Super Pav. He's given us a thread of hope.
   As for the Stoke game, I knew I wouldn't be watching it, so it was a little hard to get excited. A win was a must for morale and momentum, but I was not expecting anything but disappointment. However, we apparently lucked into three points by the marvelous work of the freaky little ref. Thanks Foy. Bale, once again, has proven that he is our stand out player. I know who's number will be on my new replica kit when I buy it. Bale deserves Champions League football.
   After several days to shake off the numbness...I'm optimistic about Wednesday's game. I mean, we're at home, our backs are against the wall, and we're playing the most important match in over 40 years. What could stop us?
   I don't have the same sense of foreboding I did last week. Spurs will put the Young Boys to the sword, and we'll pocket $10 mil and a ticket into the Champions League. Come on you Spurs!
  
   I'm such an idiot.

3 comments:

  1. TechZarInfo offers a complete web design and development service. We provide the expertise and know-how to deliver unique websites to clients across a wide range of sectors. http://www.techzar-web-developers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete