August 14, 2010

They did everything they could...except score 9 goals

   It's been a while since my last post, but my family and I took a trip to the Texas Hill Country, and to the center of the Spurs universe. I heard rumors that there was a town that has hundreds of thousands of Spurs fans nestled deep in the heart of Texas. Excitedly, I packed the family truckster (and the family) and headed east to this supposed Tottenham Mecca.
   As I was on the outskirts of San Antonio, I saw a car with the license plate that read SPURS2. "Awesome!", I thought, as I made my way deeper into the city. Then I met this guy: El Loco Lobo.

El Loco Lobo does floors, too.

   I soon realized that the Spurs this town worshiped, and my beloved Tottenham, might be different teams altogether. Perchance a different sport.
   Disappointed, I left to find the basement of the Alamo...

   After a multitude of disappointments on this trip (including getting the Villarreal match report), I decided to forget about the World Cup, ignore preseason friendlies, and wait for the start of the season against Citeh.
   We left off last season with the most exciting scenario since I have been supporting Spurs, battling Man City for 4th and the Champion's League. We got it (in spite of our performance against Burnley a week later).

   I haven't done a season preview, as every preview I've ever listened to or read is always crap. Spurs will finish in the top 5, be mid-table, or be in a relegation battle. It's Spurs - all three will happen in the course of the season. Go back and compare predictions versus results. It's just like making scoreline predictions for matches: it's pointless drivel. I don't know what in hell is going to happen any more than you, Harry Redknapp, or Andy Gray (God forbid). You probably don't want to read it, and I don't want to write it.
   Anyhoo, we played Man City. I thought we were awesome. We played positive football, we defended, and we missed every chance in the world. All credit to Joe Hart, though. Good job picking keepers, Capello.
   We should have started the season with three points, but I am satisfied with anything but a opening day loss. We've got a light run for the next couple of games, and of course there's Champion's League play on Tuesday. Confidence is high, and life is Lily white.

COME ON YOU




!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete